EXAM REGULATIONS AND, ASSESSMENT, AND GRADING
For each course taken at IUE, the student is given one of the letter grades below by the instructor as the semester course grade. Each grade has also its as ECTS grade equivalent
The table below provides the detailed information about the local letter grades, coefficients and ECTS grade equivalents.
|49 and below||FF||0.0||F|
*for these ones, the higher grade is applied
In order to be successful in a course, short cycle (associate degree) and first cycle (bachelor’s degree) students have to get a grade of at least DD, second cycle (master's degree) students have to get a grade of at least CC, and third cycle (Ph.D.) students have to get a grade of at least CB to pass a course. For courses which are not included in the cumulative GPA, students need to get a grade of S.
Apart from that, each local grade has it is equivalent ECTS grade which makes it more easier to transfer the grades of mobility periods of students. The chart above shows the ECTS grading system at IUE.
Also, among the Letter Grades;
Not Successful Progress
- Grade of I (Incomplete), is given to students who are not able to meet all the course requirements at the end of the semester or summer school due to a valid justification accepted by the instructor. Students who receive a letter grade “I” must complete their missing course requirements and receive a letter grade within one week following the date the end of semester grades or summer school grades submitted. However, in the event of special cases, this period can be extended until two weeks before the beginning of registration for the next semester, upon the recommendation of the respective Graduate School department head and the decision of that academic unit’s administrative board. Otherwise, grade of “I” will automatically become grade of FF, or grade of U.
- Grade of S (Satisfactory) is given to students who are successful in non-credited courses.
- Grade of U (Unsatisfactory) is given to students who are unsuccessful in non-credited courses.
- Grade of P (Successful Progress) is given to students, who continue to the courses that are not included in the GPA that has a period exceeding one semester, and regularly performs the academic studies for the respective semester.
- Grade of NP (Not Successful Progress) is given to students, who do not regularly perform the academic studies for the respective semester for courses that are not included in the GPA and have a period exceeding one semester.
- Grade of EX (Exempt), is given to students who are exempt from some of the courses in the curriculum.
- Grade of NI (Not included) is issued to identify the courses taken by the student in the program or programs which are not included in the GPA of the student. This grade is reported in the students’ transcripts with the respective letter grade. Such courses are not counted as the courses in the program that the student is registered to.
- Grade of W (Withdrawal) is used for the courses that the student withdraws from in the first ten weeks of the semester following the add/drop period, upon the recommendation of his/ her advisor and the permission of the instructor that teaches the course. A student is not allowed to withdraw from courses during the first two semesters of his/ her associate/undergraduate degree program and from those courses he/she has to repeat and received grade “W” before, which are not included in the grade average. A student is allowed to withdraw from one course, including double major, minor, or certificate program courses, at the most in one semester, and two courses at the most during his/ her associate degree study, and six courses during his/her undergraduate study upon the recommendation of the advisor and the permission of the instructor that teaches the course. A student has to take the course that he/she withdrew from, the first semester in which it is offered. In accordance with the protocols made between Izmir University of Economics and educational institutions or official authorities abroad, the exchange program students being educated at Izmir University of Economics may withdraw from courses upon the recommendation of International Relations Office Directorate and the permission of the instructor. In this case, the rules concerning the grade of “W” will not be applied.
- Grade “NA” (Non-Attendance) is issued by the instructor for students who fail to fulfil the attendance and/or requirements of the course and/or who lose their right to take the end of semester exam because they failed to take any of the exams administered throughout the semester. Grade “NA” is considered as 0, 00 (zero) in taking the averages.
Both the ECTS grades and the local grades of the students are displayed on the official transcript of the students.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
International award for 'Bitcoin' research
Assoc. Prof. Gülin Vardar and Assoc. Prof. Berna Aydoğan, lecturers from Faculty of Business, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), received international award
Course Codes Are Updated
The code of our International Trade and Investment, International Finance, International Financial Management courses has been updated.
New 2020-2021 Academic Curriculum
As the International Trade and Finance department, our curriculum has been updated by taking into account the latest developments and effective methods
Professor Dr. Küçüközmen spoke on “Financial Literacy” in the Podcast Series by the Graduate School
Member of our department, Professor. Dr. C. Coşkun Küçüközmen was the guest of the 30th and 31st episodes of #EvdeKalBilimleAnla Podcast Series
Associate Professor Aydoğan spoke on “Effect of Covid-19 on Banking System” in the Podcast Series by the Graduate School
Member of our department, Associate Professor Berna Aydoğan was the guest of the 12th episode of #EvdeKalBilimleAnla Podcast Series prepared by İzmir
Professor Dr. Küçüközmen spoke on the topic of "The Future of Jobs and Professions" in Online Seminar Series
Member of our department, Professor. Dr. C. Coşkun Küçüközmen was the guest of the Online Seminar Series prepared by İzmir University of
International Trade and Finance Students visited the Capital Markets Board of Turkey and the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
International Trade and Finance students have visited the Capital Markets Board of Turkey and the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
International Trade and Finance Students attended to the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey EVDS Webinar Presentation
During their ITF 401 Applied Market Analysis course, International Trade and Finance students attended the webinar presentation on EVDS by the Central
Res. Asst. Birce Dobrucalı Evaluated Sharing Economy Platforms' Experience with COVID19
Our research assistant Birce Dobrucalı published an article on sharing economy platforms' experience with COVID19 on HBR Turkey Blog. Link: https://hbrturkiye.com/blog/paylasim-ekonomisinin-pandemi-deneyimi-nasil-oldu
Professor Dr. Küçüközmen spoke on "Atatürk and Economics"
Professor Dr. C. Coşkun Küçüközmen was the guest of Meristur's live Instagram broadcast on May 21, 2020. The broadcast, where a conversation
Prof. Küçüközmen Attended New Leaders of the Changing Period
Attending the New Leaders of the Changing Period webinar by RYLA, Prof. Dr. Küçüközmen was appreciated by his speech on the dynamics of
Prof. Dr. Küçüközmen Was The Guest of "Future of Economy" Webinar
Prof. Dr. Küçüközmen was the gues of "Future of Economy" webinar that is organized by Turkey People Management Association.
Prof. Dr. Küçüközmen Interpreted Impacts of Coronavirus on the Economy
Prof. Dr. Küçüközmen evaluated the effects on coronavirus on the economy.
Professor Dr. C. Coşkun Küçükmözmen - "Blockchain in the New World"
Professor Dr. C. Coşkun Küçükmözmen took part in the New World Webinars with his speech titled "Blockchain in the New World".
IBSEN Network Meeting and Global Education Fair
This year’s meeting of the IBSEN network in May was held at Hallym University in South Korea. At the “Global education fair” students
“Blockchain and Unchain Economy”
Izmir Chamber of Commerce hosted Vice Rector of Izmir University of Economics Dr. Murat Aşkar as moderator in the seminar titled “Blockchain
Career Opportunuties in Capital Markets
Department of International Trade and Finance hosted UBP Asset Management’s fund manager Özgür Göker with his talk titled as “Career Opportunuties in
Finance Talks – 4
The 4th of the Finance Talks organized by Izmir University of Economics, Department of International Trade and Finance took place with the
Akbank Executive Vice President Ege Gültekin, one of the successful and experienced names in the financial world, attended the seminar titled "Finance
On May 9, 2017, the Faculty of Business of our University welcomed Albert Krespin, a member of the board of directors of the
“ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECT STRENGTHENED BY EU CONNECTIONS” VALENCIA TRIP PARTICIPANTS
Students who are entitled to participate in the Valencia trip to be held in March as a part of the “Entrepreneurship Project
INTERNSHIP AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN CANADA
Şehnaz Koçak, one of the founders of Ephesus Orient Abroad Education and Consultancy Services, came together with the Business School students and
ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECT STRENGTHENED BY EU CONNECTIONS
An “Entrepreneurship Seminar” was held at Izmir University of Economics as part of the “Entrepreneurship Project Strengthened by EU Connections” co-coordinated by
THE GREAT ACHIEVEMENT BY INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE FACULTY
The article titled “Performance comparison of Islamic (participation) banks and commercial banks in Turkish banking sector” authored by our faculty member, Prof.
ECONOMICS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN AT IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS
Izmir University of Economics, Department of International Trade and Finance hosted a panel themed “Economic expectations and evaluations in the light of